Welcome to the home of this little guy! The Amigurumi Heart Plush pattern was inspired by Valentine’s Day! The day and month of love, chocolate, and more chocolate! It features Lion Brand Jeans yarn in Bermuda Shorts. It is so soft that I would have guessed it was cotton but it is sure enough 100% acrylic and the colors are absolutely beautiful!
For this pattern, I tried using one strand but it was difficult to sew and have an even heart. Holding two strands of Lion Brands Jeans worked very well because it holds it’s shape better.
If you would like this pattern in a printer-friendly PDF file for FREE all you have to do is sign up for my newsletter! I send out free patterns and more in pretty PDFs for free!
- Worsted #4 weight yarn I used the yarn Lion Brand Jeans Yarn – Bermuda Shorts. I held two strands together.
- 4.00mm hook
- 2 – 6mm safety eyes
- Black yarn for mouth and lashes
- CH – chain
- ST – stitch
- SC – single crochet
- Slst – slip stitch
- Sc Dec – single crochet decrease (SC2tog) Insert hook and draw up a loop, repeat in the next st. Three loops on the hook. Yarn over and draw through all three loops on the hook.
- Sc Inc – single crochet increase – Make two sc sts on one sc st.
Note: Chain 1 and turn at the end of every row.
Row 1 – SC in the 2nd chain from the hook, SC in the next 3 sts. – (4)
Row 2 – SC INC in the first st, SC in the next 2, SC INC in the last st – (6)
Row 3 – SC INC in the first st, SC in the next 4, SC INC in the last st – (8)
Row 4 – SC INC in the first st, SC in the next 6, SC INC in the last st – (10)
Row 5 – SC across – (10)
Row 6 – SC across – (10)
Row 7 – SC in the next 4 sc, sl st in the next st. Ch 1 and turn. (Fig. A)
Row 8 – SC in the next 4 sts across. Ch 1 and turn.
Row 9 – SC DEC, SC in the last 2 sts. Ch 1 and turn. (3)
Row 10 – SC in the first st, SC DEC. Ch 1 and turn. (2)
Row 11 – SC in the next 2 sts and SC down the side, sl st in the sl st made in row 7 and sl st in the next st. (Fig. B and C)
Row 12 – SC in next 4 sts (starting the other side of the heart). Ch 1 and turn. (4)
Row 13 – SC in the next 4 sts, sl st in the next st. Ch1 and turn.
Row 14 – Skip the sl st, SC DEC, SC in the last 2 sts. (3)
Row 15 – SC in the first st, SC DEC. (2)
Row 16 – SC in the next st and around the heart (Fig D) until you get to the center of the heart (Fig. E). Make two sl st’s and continue SC along the edge. Sl st in the first SC of the round and fasten off. Weave in ends.
- insert safety eyes and embroider details before sewing the two pieces together.
- Cut a long piece of the same yarn and sew around the heart in a zig-zag motion. Stretch the heart adjusting sides to sew evenly.
- Fill with poly-fil as you get closer to closing and fasten off.
You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photos as your own.
Want more patterns? Keep in touch and be sure to follow me on Facebook for new pattern sneak peeks before they become available on my shop! And feel free to post pictures of your finished project and/or links to your shops so all can see! I love it when you tag me (@arianaehall )!