Skip to content
- Your privacy and the protection of your data is very important to me. As the sole proprietor of https://ariana-hall.com, I have reviewed my business practices and determined that the following disclosure statements will help keep you informed about the safety and protection of your personal and business information.
- When you leave comments on this site I collect the data shown in the comments form as well as your IP address and browser user agent string to help identify and block spam. The Akismet Anti-Spam terms of service can be found here: https://akismet.com/tos/.
- If you upload images to my website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract metadata (location, time, etc.) from those images if you do not sanitize them.
- I collect any data that you enter into a contact form so that I can follow up with your request to contact me. This information will not be utilized for any other reason than to address the immediate request.
- Additionally, I may use my contact list to e-mail you directly if there is a legitimate need to do business. You may opt-out of these e-mails and remove yourself from my contact list by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each e-mail.
- If you leave a comment on my website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
- This site includes a feature that allows you to log in via Facebook and Google, enabling you to interact with the website without creating a new user account.
- By participating in this type of login, you agree to the terms provided by Facebook and Google. Your account information, such as a profile picture, may be shared with this site and displayed next to your comment. Your engagements with this website may then become known to Facebook and Google.
Who I share your data with
- I do not provide your data to anyone unless I am using it in good faith to facilitate the business of this website and my associated web accounts. I may disclose information to my partners in order to provide you a product or service but those partners are not authorized to use your data in any manner other than to facilitate the operation of this website.
How long I retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on my website, I also store the personal information provided in the user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). I can also see and edit user information at any time.
Rights over your data
- If you have an account on this site or have left comments on any page, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data that I have about you, including any data that you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data that I have about you. This does not include any data that I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Your information may end up offline and stored locally on my business machines and devices. For example, sending an e-mail from my phone may result in some data being stored on that device locally. Every standard measure of precaution has been taken to ensure that these devices are reasonably protected from compromise. Full encryption is not feasible at this time because it requires an inordinate amount of computing resources and often causes technical difficulties.